I know, I know, we’re just closing the chapter on the 2018 school year, but with some of our children going back to school as early as the 8th January, we need to plan ahead and get orders in on time! The better prepared we are, the less panicked we are, win! There’s a fabulous Samsonite school bag giveaway included, for one lucky little school girl!
I’m so nervous for what the New Year brings – Oli is off to ‘big school’ and for the first time in years, my two will be separated. It’s me that’s apprehensive, not them. But I digress, it’s a big year, and what calms my nerves is knowing that I’ve sorted out all their Back to School needs.
I’ve rounded up a list of Back to School Essentials to help make the 2019 school year a breeze for all of us!
- Synonymous with ‘Back to School’ for me, the first two products are from CNA. For the slightly older children, this pack would come in so handy! CNA Maped Senior School Stationery Pack: CNA – R199.90 – https://www.cna.co.za/stationery/general-stationery-1/stationery-packs/maped-senior-stationery-pack.html
- Something for the younger school-going kids, a CNA Junior Stationery Kit – R99.90 – https://www.cna.co.za/stationery/general-stationery-1/stationery-packs/junior-stationery-kit.html
- The gorgeous variety of colours available from TEDDY Junior Acrylic Range are perfect for school projects: Screen Shopping – R35.00 – https://www.screenshopping.co.za/products/junior-acrylic
- As are the Teddy Rolla Ball paints which are perfectly suited for smaller hands: Screen Shopping: R22.00 – https://www.screenshopping.co.za/products/rollaball
- Perfect for learning to cut, these Right Handed Small 14cm Blade Scissors from Dala are just what every pencil case needs and come in a variety of colours: Screen Shopping – R18.25 – https://www.screenshopping.co.za/products/scissors?variant=44871006087
- Am I too old for one of these (please don’t tell me yes!) – crushing over the Samsonite Happy Sammies School Bag (Rabbit Rosie) and just might need to add one to Soph’s ever-increasing Christmas list: House of Samsonite – R599.90 – https://www.houseofsamsonite.co.za/product/samsonite/samsonite-happy-sammies-school-bag-s-3/
- Just what we need for our hot South African climate to keep lunch box treats cool, a foil-lined Lunch Bag from Uzwelo Bags. A special story behind this brand (of which Oli has a swimming bag he’s used all year), the idea behind the brand was to use waste fabric that normally goes into landfills to make functional, stylish and affordable bags of all shapes and sizes! At the same time training people to make them, in their communities as an entrepreneurial opportunity, with some of those profits going into supporting an environmental NGO already doing good work. How amazing? How can you not support them? It’s important to note when choosing a colour and pattern, that bags are made from fabric off-cuts and therefore the talented team cannot guarantee colours/patterns at the time of your order. Uzwelo Bags: R150.00 – https://www.uzwelo.co.za/product/lunch-bag/
- You would have already seen me raving about our brilliant new compartmental lunch boxes from the fabulous CRUNCHBOX here, but if you shop now, you’re still eligible for the special! Even better news, for every CRUNCHBOX sold you feed a child for a day via the PSFA – a company with a heart! CRUNCHBOX – R300.00 – https://shop.mycrunchbox.com/products/5-compartment-crunchbox
- Something to compliment your lunchbox snacks, BOS, Sophie’s absolute favourite treats paired – watermelon and ice tea, have launched a delicious and refreshing Watermelon and Mint in time for Summer! BOS Watermelon & Mint has 4g per 100ml of sugar so is low in Kilojoules. The 200ml Walkie Talkie boxes are available online in a case of 24: BOS Brands – R175.00 – https://bos-brands.myshopify.com/products/1-x-case-of-24-200ml-watermelon-mint or keep an eye out in Checkers (Gauteng/EC/WC), Spar & OK (WC) and still TBC in KZN. This is one refreshing drink you don’t want to miss out on!
- Oli will be taking this awesome Manna™ Stars Vogue™ 266ml Water Bottle to school next year. It’s a double vacuum insulated stainless bottle that has a leak proof lid and is condensation free. BPA and Lead free, it keeps drinks cool for 24 hours and warm for 12 hours – what a win! Woolworths: R149.90 – https://www.woolworths.co.za/prod/Food/Household/Household-Cleaning/Foils-Cling-Wrap-Food-Storage/Bottles-Travel-Mugs/Manna-Stars-Vogue-Water-Bottle-266ml/_/A-848974168681
- Sophie’s juice bottle selection is the 400ml Kids Owl Plastic Water Bottle – she’s been obsessed with owls since she got a line in her concert this year (“But what about the Owl?!”). Great for smaller kids, it’s BPA and Lead free, odour resistant, has a large drinking spout with silicone inner straw for tilt-free drinking, and best of all, it’s leak proof! Woolworths – R69.99 – https://www.woolworths.co.za/prod/Food/Household/Household-Cleaning/Foils-Cling-Wrap-Food-Storage/Bottles-Travel-Mugs/Kids-Owl-Plastic-Water-Bottle-400ml/_/A-6009211510623
- For those taking just a sarmie to school, these reusable sandwich bags from Full Circle® ZipTuck™ Dinosaur Re-usable lunch bag set 2pk are amazing: Woolworths – R69.99 – https://www.woolworths.co.za/prod/Food/Household/Household-Cleaning/Foils-Cling-Wrap-Food-Storage/Lunch-Boxes-Bags/Full-Circle-Ziptuck-Dinosaur-Re-usable-Lunch-Bag-Set-2Pk/_/A-810119023032
- We love the Antibacterial Cooler Lunch Bag from Woolies – they fit our CRUNCHBOX lunch boxes in perfectly! Woolworths – R139.99- https://www.woolworths.co.za/prod/Food/Kids-Baby/Kids/Kids-Lunchboxes-Bottles-Outdoor/Antibacterial-Panda-Cooler-Lunch-Bag/_/A-6009211452664
- TOWER have introduced a brilliant new offering to their already massive collection (for more information click here) – Scholastic Label packs, all personalised in a quick turnaround time. Labels are available in a Standard Pack (R225.00), Mini Pack (R125.00), Iron-On Pack (50 for R90.00 or 100 for (R150.00) and Pre-School Pack (R150.00) and you can use the discount code “mommalikeme” at the checkout to redeem the 10% off: TOWER Products – https://mytowerlabels.com/products/standard-pack/
- Perfect for a little motivation, TOWER has a variety of Rewards Charts available in different designs and English or Afrikaans in A4 with stickers: Takealot – R28.00 (they all happen to be on special right now) – https://www.takealot.com/tower-kids-reward-chart-planets/PLID28035703
- For a little more motivation and recognition, TOWER have a gorgeous range of stickers available to show praise for good behaviour: Takealot – R10.00 (again, on special right now) for 48 stickers – https://www.takealot.com/tower-kids-reward-stickers-behaviour-stickers/PLID46863918
- A definite essential to keep all your stationery in one place, a brightly coloured Neon Mesh Pencil Case: The Crazy Store – R29.99 – http://www.crazystore.co.za/products/stationery/stationery/neon-mesh-pencill-case
I hope this guide helps you avoid the Back to School rush!
And now for the giveaway!
Dream away with Happy Sammies. The new lifestyle collection of adorable and cuddly bags and Uprights in a variety of cute animal characters. Rabbit Rosie, Fox William, Teddy Bear and Kitty Cat will keep your kids company while travelling or going to school – available from The House of Samsonite. One lucky Mommalikeme reader will walk away with a Rabbit Rosie bag for their little girl just in time for the new school year! This gorgeous bag has a limited 2-year warranty. Just tell me who you’d love to win this school bag for, tag two Mom friends and share the post using the hashtag #backtoschoolwithmommalikeme – enter on Instagram as an additional entry, and make sure you have liked Mommalikeme and @SamsoniteSA on Facebook! Multiple entries allowed. The winner will be announced on Wednesday 19 December on the Mommalikeme Facebook page. Standard T’s & C’s apply.