We love Netflix in our home! I did this post last year on what we’ve been watching (my husband and I) but now it’s the kid’s turn! Inevitably, my two argue over who’s turn it is to pick what to watch when they’re allowed some screen time. Since they’re nearly three years apart in age and we have girl/boy tendencies to battle, the Netflix viewership is something of a debate, so I’ve split them into Sophie’s picks, and Oli’s picks.
Sophie’s Top 10 Netflix Picks
- How could I not put this at the very top – the be-all and end-all to her, the much loved/hated Peppa Pig. A little pig named Peppa and her little brother George have journeys everyday with their family and friends.
- Wiggles – An absolute hit with Soph – as is anything with music and dancing! ‘Ready, steady, Wiggle’ is now firmly stuck in my head. This Aussie show has her entranced from the moment it goes on and then wiggling and dancing around the house.
- Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom – In the magical Little Kingdom, friends BenElf and fairy princess Holly have fun adventures as they learn about teamwork, sharing and problem-solving.
- Little Baby Bum Songs – Twinkle, Mia, Jacus and the rest of the Nursery Rhyme Friends perform catchy tunes for the little With Nursery rhymes and original music for children accompanied by bright, playful animation, your children will engage and be educated about numbers, shapes, colours and more!
- Disney’s Mickey Mouse Clubhouse – Using their handy Mousekatools, Mickeyand his Disney Clubhouse pals teach another generation of pre-schoolers about playful problem solving.
- My Little Pony – Journey to the enchanted land of Equestria, where unicorn Twilight Sparkle and her pals have adventures and learn valuable lessons about friendship. Even Oli watches this and loves it, as they fight over who is Rainbow Dash!
- Max & Ruby – Maaaax! Three-year-old Max might be quiet, but he’s often clever enough to outsmart his older sister, Ruby. These two bunnies go through life together and share love, friendship and playtime.
- Mother Goose Club – Another music show that has Sophie watching with rapt attention! With Classic nursery rhymes and children’s songs get a fresh twist in this high-energy programme that helps kids learn as they dance and sing along.
- Beat Bugs – Maybe it’s because it has her name in it (Bugs), but Buggy loves watching this animated series following the adventures of five funny and charming child-like bugs. Featuring the music of `The Beatles’. You may have noticed a common thread in my daughter’s picks by now, anything musical, and she’s down!
- Wanda and the Alien – Wandais a sweet rabbit who looks after her family in their home under a tree. When an alienfriend from outer space joins the fun, she learns a lot!
Oli’s Top 10 Netflix Picks
- Dragons – Race to the Edge – as a massive How to Train Your Dragon fan, this choice comes as no surprise. He sleeps with his Toothless the Dragon soft toy every night! From the creators of “How to Train Your Dragon” comes a new series that takes Hiccup and Toothless to the edgeof adventure.
- Dinotrux – Half dinosaur, half construction truck, full-on fun! Watch giant Ty Rux, his little buddy Revvit and the crew come face-to-face with new challenges.
- PJ Masks – a huge hit with Oli, maybe it’s because they’re 6 just like him – three 6-year-old kids who live normal lives during the day become superheroes at night, fighting crime as a team known as PJ Masks.
- Troll Hunters – After finding a mysterious amulet, a teen and his friends pursue an unlikely destiny and set out to save two worlds.
- The Blue Planet: A Natural History of the Oceans – not an obvious choice but one Oli and his Dad love watching together! Oli adores watching and learning about animals and nature, and this is just one of the programmes he watches on Netflix thanks to BBC Earth.
- Treehouse Detectives – When their animal friends need help, brother-and-sister team Toby and Teri use the clues and follow the facts to solve mysteries in their own backyard.
- Skylander Academy – With such incredible animation, Oli really enjoys watching this series. Travel the vast Skylanderuniverse in this animated series as a ragtag group of academy graduates build trust and heart in their fight against evil.
- Leo & Tig – Spunky leopard cub Leoand his loyal tiger pal Tig team up for fun and adventure as they explore the forest and learn about ancient legends.
- Kong King of the Apes – In 2050, an evil scientist is about to unleash an army of robotic dinosaurs. Now it’s up to Kongand friends to fight back and save the day.
- The Magic School Bus Rides Again – I remember the original The Magic School Bus from my own childhood, so I’m thrilled my kids are watching this! Frizzle’s kid sister Fiona takes the wheel at Walkerville Elementary, leading the class on wild adventures!
What do your kids ask for over and over again on Netflix, I’m always up for new suggestions!