If you missed the first bake in the series, this one , you might not know that I have a budding chef/baker in my home, named Soph. We’ve partnered with Pillsbury to bring you some amazingly simple twists on their existing products to make baking with your kids on the weekend, or during the holidays, both fun and YUM!
This next bake is the perfect tea-time accompaniment and was demolished super-fast!
1 x box Pillsbury Moist Supreme French Vanilla Cake Mix
(205ml Water, 125ml Oil, 3 Eggs)
1 x tub Pillsbury Ready-to-Spread Cream Cheese Flavoured Frosting
1 x cup of Walnuts, roughly chopped with a couple extra to decorate on top
3 x Bananas (ripe bananas are ideal for this), mashed
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Milk
- Mix up Vanilla Cake Mix, Eggs, Oil and Water as per box instructions.
- Add your mashed bananas and chopped walnuts into your Cake Mix and combine well.
- Pour the ready Cake Mix into a greased Bundt tin and bake as per box instructions.
- Once baked and cooled, add the tsp of Cinnamon and 2 tsp of Milk into a bowl with your Pillsbury Ready-to-Spread Frosting, combining well to drizzle over the top of your cake.
- Decorate the top of your cake with some whole walnuts – then, enjoy, the perfect tea-time accompaniment!
Happy baking! I’d love to know if you try this and what you think of it!
*Disclaimer: This is a paid partnership with Pillsbury, some of the bakeware used was supplied by O2 Kitchenware & Storage Solutions South Africa.