I’m a sucker for a Gift Guide, by now you should know this. I love shopping. And gifting, and in an alternate universe I would be a personal shopper. It’s time to celebrate our DAD’s! Father’s Day, in case you’ve been living under a rock (no seriously), it’s on Sunday 16 June.
While my sweet husband is happy with a hand drawn card or picture (most of the nursery and primary schools do this if you have young kids, thank you Teachers!), a steaming mug of tea or coffee in bed and a couple extra cuddles, I always try to gift him with something special too.
I’ve rounded up some amazing picks of varying price points to suit everyone’s pockets, and I hope something here might catch your fancy, or inspire you! Online stores, and bespoke gifting options are time sensitive, so, what are you waiting for?
- My favourite Johannesburg cookier – Sugar & Paper – are bringing their A game. Gift Dad with a delicious sugar cookie set to have with his morning coffee or tea. Rad Dad set – R130, Number 1 Dad – R60, Flipping Awesome – R60. Important to note – orders to be sent to email@example.com – check out their Instagram (@sugarandpaperparties) for more options, orders are open from 03/06 and close on Sunday 08/06 – all orders are collection only on Friday 14/06 in the South of Johannesburg.
- Even Dads need to take care of their skin! There’s nothing better than the gorgeous Midnight Recovery Concentrate from Kiehl’s. Edgars – R850 for 30ml. https://www.edgars.co.za/catalog/product/view/id/33514/s/e-midnight-recovery-serum-conc-64287289/
- The perfect accompaniment to a gin or whiskey for Dad to enjoy – round silicone ice moulds – the ice lasts longer due to the shape and size – Ibili XXL Ice Ball Moulds (set of 2) – Yuppiechef – R159 – https://www.yuppiechef.com/ibili-barware.htm?id=40897&name=Ibili-Ice-Ball-Moulds-XXL-Set-of-2&ref=search
- For the tech-inclined Dad, a bit of a splurge, but a good investment – AirPods with Charging Case, with up to 3 hours of talk time on a single charge – iStore – R2899 – https://www.myistore.co.za/airpods-with-charging-case?gclid=Cj0KCQjwitPnBRCQARIsAA5n84nsVlV6VWI96PxDCa0oFUdeCD3DgTv01dCz7ihMmfB6sgFL3q4mx_YaAt5sEALw_wcB
- What about an amazing bottle of Heimer Pure Single Grain South African Whiskey to go with that XXL Ice Ball Mould set? Qualito – R402.04 – https://qualito.co.za/product/south-african-whiskey/
- A stylish V-Neck Pullover from Polo is always a good idea – perfect for a Corporate Dad to look classy, whilst keeping warm and I absolutely adore this colour! Polo – R1099 – https://www.polo.co.za/mens-v-neck-ls-plain-pull-over
- For all the hunky bearded Dads – what better way to keep his beard in top condition than a Sorbet Man gift voucher? Sorbet Man – choose your amount – http://www.sorbetman.co.za/gift-cards/?v=68caa8201064
- A super special gift to give – a special handwritten keyring from the kids, or even a personalised drawing to go on Daddy’s car key! Silvery – R485* email with your images for a more specific quote – https://www.silvery.co.za/product/handwritten-message-key-ring-stainless-steel/
- How cool are these? Build your own Mini-Me figurine to look just like Dad and buy an accompanying Plexiglass stand with text to customise the gift even further! Mini-Me – price according to customisation – https://mini-me.co.za/product/male-mini-me/#headgear
- From phone to fridge – how cool is that? Buy a set of 9 small (5cm x 5cm) magnets with all of Dad’s favourite memories! SKWE – R150 – https://skwe.co.za/collections/small-5cm-x-5cm-magnets/products/9-x-magnets
- A little unconventional as a gift, but hear me out – the Optiphi Solar Spritz SPF30 is the perfect addition to a golf bag or for a day out fishing, where you can rest assured that Dad will be safe from harmful rays. I’ve personally used this and can highly recommend it. Optiphi – R450 – https://www.optiphi.com/default/solar-spritz
- Okay, so this one is a little bit of a splurge, but a necessary one at that. The perfect jacket to get Dad through Winter (for the next few years!) – I’ve gone for the black as it’s more timeless and he can get more wear out of it – K-Way Men’s Orion 3in1 Jacket Black/Graphite. Cape Union Mart – R2999 – https://www.capeunionmart.co.za/k-way-men-s-orion-3in1-jacket-black-graphite
- If we’re in the mood to splurge again, anything from one of my favourite luxury brands – Jo Malone – is my gift of choice. Besides standalone stores, the brand is now also stocked by Woolworths and currently their products are less 20% online only – score – there are so many exquisite scents to try! Woolworths – R1625 for 50ml – https://www.woolworths.co.za/prod/Beauty/Jo-Malone/Fragrance/Colognes-Intense/JO-MALONE-LONDON-Myrrh-Tonka-Cologne-Intense/_/A-503857900
- I’ve already gotten my husband one of these, but he says they are super handy, especially when you don’t want to lug a whole wallet and coins around – so, perfect for travel, check out the awesome range of RIO Cardholders from my favourite local brand, ZEMP. ZEMP – R295 excluding monogram option – https://zemp.co.za/product/rio-toffee-tan/
- There are some gorgeous pairs of glasses by SNOB Milano (I may or may not have spotted more than a few pairs for myself) – but I thought this timeless pair would look really great on a lot of Dads – a style that never goes out of fashion – GALLO SN01-C07 . SNOB Milano – R2750 – https://www.snobmilanosa.co.za/product/sn01-c07/ https://www.snobmilanosa.co.za/product/zanza/
- Who wouldn’t want chocolate? A staple gift, and one the kids always reach for first, naturally, when gifting. A brand new launch from Lindt – Lindt Creation Vanilla Macaron Milk Chocolate. Woolworths – R69.99 – https://www.woolworths.co.za/prod/Fathers-Day/Foodie-Gifts/Gifts-Sweet-Treats-Chocolates/Chocolates/Lindt-Creation-Vanilla-Macaron-Milk-Chocolate-150g/_/A-3046920042642
- A Prince Charming facial – doesn’t that sound amazing? Spoil Dad with a gift card from Laser Beautique where he can enjoy this incredible spoil! Laser Beautique – R1000 – https://thelaserbeautique.co.za/men/
- I love a product that professes to do more than one thing so I that I can have a smaller skincare regime – my husband, well, he likes even less! This Pure Cleansing Gel from Skinderm deep cleanses the skin to thoroughly remove skin impurities and pollutants AND it can also be used as a shaving cream – BONUS! Perfect 10 – R360 – http://www.perfect10.co.za/content/skinderm
So, what are you waiting for, it’s time to get shopping and spoil that special Father figure in your life – whether it be your own dad, your baby Daddy or your husband – anyone fulfilling the role of ‘father’ deserves to be treated!